Messages from the Executive Vice President
February 27, 2012
Affirmative Action Plan and Program Goals
The University of Connecticut Health Center’s (UCHC) 2011 Affirmative Action Plan was approved by the Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities on January 11, 2012. During this meeting the Commissioners complimented the Health Center on the positive steps we have taken to focus on and improve our Affirmative Action Program.
The Office of Diversity and Equity (ODE) invites all employees to review the UCHC’s Affirmative Action Plan. ny comments or concerns can be directed to Carolle Andrews, Chief Administrative Officer and Interim Affirmative Action Officer at 860-679-4109.
- The Affirmative Action Plan will be available for all employees to review and make written comments until June 30, 2012. The Affirmative Action Plan is located in the ODE Office and it is located on our website at http://diversity.uchc.edu/affirmaction/affirmact_plan.html.
- The EEO/AA Policy Statement will be distributed to all employees through the Office of Diversity and Equity’s web page http://www.policies.uchc.edu/policies/policy_2002_44.pdf, and posted on bulletin boards throughout the Health Center. New employees will receive copies of the policy statements in the package of information they receive on their first day of employment, as part of the New Employee Orientation Program.
- In the Affirmative Action Plan the following program goals
- Intensify recruitment efforts and recruitment sources to attract applicants from under-represented populations as defined by the Hiring Goals set in the Affirmative Action Plan.
- Obtain a more accurate demographic profile of the current University population.
- Develop training module to educate search committees and members of the University community on inherent bias in the interview and evaluation process.
- The hiring and promotional goals are in the Affirmative Action Plan and are available on the ODE’s web page http://diversity.uchc.edu/affirmaction/hiringgoals.html. Updates will be posted on the website.
Thank you for your continued support and commitment to equal employment opportunity.
Philip E. Austin
Interim Vice President for Health Affairs