Messages from the Executive Vice President
November 5, 2012
Search Committee for Director of the New England Musculoskeletal Institute
A national search is underway for the next Director of the New England Musculoskeletal Institute and Chairman of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. The department is currently under the leadership of Dr. Augustus Mazzocca, who was appointed interim chair upon Dr. Lieberman’s departure.
Dr. David McFadden, Chairman of the Department of Surgery, is chairing the search committee. The following leaders from the UConn Health Center are serving on the committee:
- Dr. Robert Arciero, Chief of the Division of Sports Medicine and Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Dr. Douglas Fellows, Chair, Department of Diagnostic Imaging and Therapeutics
- Dr. Sandra Weller, Professor and Chair, Department of Molecular, Microbial and Structural Biology
- Dr. Lori Bastian, Chief of the Division of General Medicine
- Dr. Faryal Mirza, Assistant Professor, Medicine in the Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Dr. Hilary Onyiuke, Chief of the Division of Neurosurgery/
Comprehensive Spine Center
- Ms. Ellen Leone, Associate Vice President, Clinical Operations and Chief Nursing Officer
- Ms. Anne Horbatuck, Chief Operating Officer of the New England Musculoskeletal Institute
- Dr. Rajiv Chandawarkar, Chief of the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Associate Professor Surgery and Adjunct Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
Please join me in thanking Dr. McFadden and the committee members for their time and commitment to this important search.
Frank M. Torti, M.D., M.P.H.
Executive Vice President for Health Affairs
Dean, School of Medicine