Adult Volunteer Program
Steps to Becoming a Volunteer
Volunteer OpportunitiesSee what positions interest you >
Interested volunteers should be willing to commit to a minimum of 100 hours per six months. All prospective volunteers are advised that due to ever-changing regulations regarding safety and security in a hospital setting, becoming a volunteer requires increased safety and security reviewing. Please read the following information carefully because the process has been changed.
- Complete and submit the Unpaid Experience Request Form to Human Resources (follow instructions on the form to submit).
- Expect a call from Volunteer Services to complete a Volunteer Application.
- Interview with a member of the Volunteer Services Department.
- Complete the Background Screening Form and wait to receive feedback on clearance before continuing through the process of becoming a volunteer.
- Make an appointment for and clear a health screening and two TB tests at UConn Employee Health (unless an approved prior health screening has been completed).
- Attend an orientation program which you will be invited to attend after you pass your health screening.
- Obtain a badge from Public Safety after completion of all other requirements.
If you have any questions, please call 860-679-2381 or 860-679-4395 and leave a message. Thank you for considering UConn Health. Your willingness to share your skills, your efforts and your valuable time is greatly appreciated by staff and patients at UConn Health.